Tuesday, April 24, 2012

OPI New York City Ballet Collection - Don't Touch My Tutu

 
 


 I'm very disappointed that  none of you tried to guess yesterday, but there you go: today's the first shade I'm reviewing from OPI's latest collection, New York City Ballet. It's the usual softshades/bridal collection, but it's quite surprising nonetheless.




 Don't Touch My Tutu (which invariably calls to mind this stupid video: WOW Geekness) is a delicate off-white polish and, first surprise, it's a jelly. This could be bad news for me since I like my polishes to be really opaque, but I acutally love it, for one very good reason: it's absolutely non-streaky and self-leveling. Plus, being a jelly, it has a crazy glossy finish. And well, I don't know, maybe with time I've learned to like my short-plated nails and I don't mind that much to see the VNL...



The second surprise of this collection is the glitter top-coat Pirouette my Whistle. I'll be doing a separate post about it, for the moment, I'm just showing you one coat over Don't Touch my Tutu as an accent nail. 





 


Je suis très déçue que personne n'ait essayé de deviner hier quelle collection j'allais dévoiler à partir d'aujourd'hui, mais je le fais quand même! Voici donc le premier post sur la dernière collection OPI, New York City Ballet. C'est l'habituelle collection douce/mariée qui sort tous les ans à cette époque, mais elle recèle quand même quelques surprises. 




Don't Touch my Tutu (qui me rappelle invariablement cette chanson débile : WOW), est un vernis blanc cassé et première surprise, c'est un jelly. Ça aurait pu être une mauvaise nouvelle pour moi vu que j'aime mes vernis bien opaques, mais en fait pas du tout, je l'adore, pour une bonne raison: aucune trace de pinceau, l'application est homogène, et comme c'est un jelly, il est super brillant. Et puis, je sais pas, peut-être qu'à force je commence à supporter mes ongles à la courte plaque et voir le bord libre ne me dérange plus autant...



La deuxième surprise de cette collection, c'est le top-coat pailleté Pirouette my Whistle. Je lui consacrerai un post à part entière, pour l'instant, je vous le montre juste en une couche pour un accent nail. 


6 comments:

  1. ok, I was far away from that! I thought you would show the Minnie collection! The jelly white looks great on short nails and I guess it's the only way to wear it for I totally agree with you jelly polish on long nails is horrible and I was so disappointed last year when I bought some of the texas collection and I found out they were jelly! Since then I've kept on trying to wear them with an opaque base but the colour is not the same anymore and even with 3 coats it doesn't solve the problem. Anyway, the white is definitely very classy on short nails. As for the glitter, well, it's cute but I think I've seen that before, so I wouldn't go for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Minnie collection is not out yet, you can only see it on blogs that receive samples from OPI (which is sadly not the case for me yet, and quite unlikely to ever happen!).
      I like to wear white sometimes but not chalky/paintlike white so this polish is a really choice. I also thought the glitter was unoriginal at first, but you'll see when I compare it with other that it is in fact quite unique and I'm thinking of buying the big bottle one of these days!

      Delete
  2. Que c'est joli ! J'adore vraiment ce blanc cassé jelly, c'est très chic sur des ongles plutôt courts. Je n'aime pas les ongles longs, pour moi, ta longueur est parfaite sur ces clichés ! Et les paillettes sont charmantes !
    Je suis à deux doigts (ah ah) de m'acheter ce coffret ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci!! Je ne suis pas fan des ongles très longs non plus, j'aime bien quand les miens sont un tout petit peu plus longs quand même, mais pour l'instant, ce n'est pas possible, ils sont en convalescence post-dissolvant pourri. C'est en effet une collection qui pourrait bien te convenir, même si le mini-coffret ne contient aucun rose/beige, les deux de la collection n'existent qu'en grande bouteille. Après, les autres couleurs sont gris pâle et mauve, ça reste très soft!

      Delete
  3. J'avais des doutes concernant la couleur, parce que c'est typiquement la teinte que j'aime dans le flacon, mais rarement autant sur les ongles et là wahou quoi, j'adore, tu le portes divinement bien <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci!! J'avoue que même moi je suis épatée de voir mes mains sur ces photos!!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...