Thursday, April 26, 2012

OPI New York City Ballet Collection - My Pointe Exactly


 

Third colour for this presentation is the grey My Pointe Exactly. Formula-wise, always the same, easy application, no streaking, self-leveling and glossy. Colorwise, I have to admit that it's not my favourite, the jelly pale grey gives a bit of a sickly hue to the hands if worn alone.


 
 
 


So for a change, I decided to add Pirouette My Whistle on every fingers, and it looks a bit like hail on a rainy sky!!

 
 
 




 

Troisième couleur de cette collection, le gris My Pointe Exactly.Côté formule, toujours pareil, application facile, pas de trace, il se lisse tout seul et a un très joli laqué. Côté couleur, je dois admettre que ce n'est pas mon préféré, je trouve que le jelly gris pâle fait un peu des mains cadavériques!!



 
 
 


Pour compenser, j'ai mis Pirouette my Whistle sur tous les ongles, et là on dirait une averse de grêle sur un ciel gris, c'est charmant!!

 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. this collection really looks like the colours used for the pirates of the carribean collection, except that these are jelly : the grey looks like the "skull and glassbones" that I use for coloured french manicure and the mauve looks like "steady as she rose"! Honestly, I think OPI should be more creative than that! Anyway, you were right to wear it with glitters on it because I think it looks a bit strange by itself. the glitters really enhance the nail polish and give it more depth. So yes, I really like the finish on the last pictures. The whole is really classy and classic at the same time with a hint of originality thanks to the glitters. Very nice indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, while I agree that sometimes OPI plays it safe, it's quite typical for most brands to release a "bridal collection" every spring and you can't really be overly creative on that. But still, I had some nice surprises with those. I'm not quite finished yet, still one post to go tomorrow, but I've been a bit in a whirlpool this past week...

      Delete
  2. Je préfère le rendu avec "Pirouette my Whistle" qui apporte beaucoup au vernis "My Pointe Exactly". Je trouve notamment que cela le rend plus "chic".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Je suis bien d'accord. J'adore le gris, mais sur ce coup-là, je trouve que la texture jelly fait un effet vraiment bizarre, alors qu'avec le top-coat, c'est surprenant!!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...