Monday, July 25, 2011

Polishes I'm eagerly waiting for...

Yesterday, Mary from Body & Soul posted a recap of all the upcoming fall collection, asking us which was our favourite. She listed Orly's "Birds of a Feather", Zoya's "Smoke and Mirrors", OPI's "Touring America", Essie's "Brand New Bag", China Glaze's "Metro Collection" and finally Color Club's "Back to Boho" (linked pictures belong to Body & Soul). Along answering her question, it made me reflect on the upcoming collections and polishes I was eagerly waiting for. I'm currently in no-buy (it's one of the reason that prompted me to open my blog now, forcing me to face that I really had enough colours to last me a while and that I should wear them one by one before wanting more), so I'm dutifully setting up a wish-list for the blessed moment when it's over!!

I do have to say that those fall collections are a bit of a let-down as far as I'm concerned. There's not one colour in OPI's collection that appeals to me and no more than one in China Glaze's (CG in the City). That's quite unusual to me as they are my favourite brands. The surprise comes from Orly, with two colours out of six, Nite Owl and Fowl Play, but mostly Fowl Play, which is very very close to one of my long-lasting lemming, OPI's Merry Midnight (see here). But as a collection, it's surely Zoya's Smoke and Mirrors that made me go "waow". I don't like all the colours (no to greens!!), but I like the overall visual of this collection and I'm tempted by many of them: Jana, Petra, Jem, Neeka, Nimue, Tao... but most importantly, they all say "Fall" to me, unlike OPI's or CG's in which, to my eye, there are some colours that look like fillers to have the proper number of polishes in the collection.
But looking beyond Fall, there's one collection I'm going totally crazy about... OPI's Muppets collection for Winter Holidays:



The release of this collection will toll the end of my no-buy... It's the first time that I want ALL the polishes of a collection! There isn't one I'm passing on!! Yes, I'm crazy about glitters (a fact that hasn't been obvious in here so far, but you'll see), about purples, and magentas, and metallics!!
You can check out Helen's blog Just Nice Things, she has some exclusive swatches and I can tell you they've done nothing to calm my impatience!!! Well, that was another short message, I do have to work on being less talkative!!
 
Hier, Mary de Body & Soul a posté un récapitulatif des collections d'automne pour savoir laquelle était notre préférée. Voici sa liste: Orly "Birds of a Feather", Zoya "Smoke and Mirrors", OPI "Touring America", Essie "Brand New Bag", China Glaze "Metro Collection" et enfin Color Club "Back to Boho". Réfléchir à cette question m'a fait réfléchir aux vernis dont j'attendais la sortie avec impatience. Je suis actuellement en no-buy (tentative de sevrage et de déculpabilisation de toute fana de vernis qui décide de ne rien acheter pendant une période donnée!!), c'est d'ailleurs une des raisons qui m'ont poussée à ouvrir mon blog, pour devoir faire face à l'étendue de ma collection et au fait qu'aucun achat de vernis n'était nécessaire à ma survie pendant quelques temps. Mais pas d'inquiétude, je prépare ma liste de souhaits pour le jour de la libération!!!

Je dois admettre que les collections d'automne m'ont un peu déçue, particulièrement chez OPI et China Glaze, mes marques favorites. Aucune couleur OPI ne trouve grâce à mes yeux et seulement une China Glaze finira sur ma liste (CG in the City). La bonne surprise vient d'Orly, avec deux couleurs sur les six, Nite Owl et Fowl Play, mais surtout Fowl Play, qui est quasiment un dupe du Merry Midnight d'OPI sur lequel je bave depuis longtemps (voir la comparaison ici). Mais en tant que collection, c'est celle de Zoya qui me fait craquer. J'adore le visuel et beaucoup des couleurs me tentent (sauf les verts!!): Jana, Petra, Jem, Neeka, Nimue, Tao... mais surtout, la collection entière dit "automne", alors que pour OPI ou CG, j'ai vraiment l'impression qu'il y a des couleurs bouche-trou. 
Par contre, si on regarde au-delà de l'automne, la collection dont j'attends la venue avec une impatience proche de la démence...   OPI's Muppets collection for Winter Holidays


La sortie de cette collection sonnera le glas de mon "no-buy", que ce soit bien clair!!! Je les veux TOUS!!
Vous pouvez regarder le blog d'Helen Just Nice Things, elle a déjà posté quelques swatches en exclu et ça n'aide pas à calmer mon impatience!! 
Bon, c'était encore un message court, va vraiment falloir que je bosse sur ma capacité à blablater!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...