Friday, September 2, 2011

Friends' Friday - Colette, or the Queen of Watermarble

New Friday, and you know what that means! This week, I was stupid, I completely forgot to prepare a nail art for today and ended up doing something of my own creation which I was loathe to remove. So I have to resort to old and even crappier than usual pictures to tell you about Colette, from My Simple Little Pleasures. She is without any doubt the queen of water-marbles and her creations are amazing. And since she's very generous, she's always making in-depth tutorials. So if you want to master water-marble, there's only one place to go. Here are the tips I took from Colette and I have to say that now, I rarely mess up a marble, so obviously they work!!
-use a small cup: you will have a tighter bull's eye with lines that are closer together, without having to dip a complete bottle of polish. I made a stash of plastic coffee cups and they are perfect.
-use room-temperature filtered water. I don't know if I would have bothered about filtered water if I hadn't had any, but as it happens, I always a bottle home, so I took to using it and I have the feeling it helped.
-anchor the bull's eye to the side of the cup so that it won't move when you draw your design.
-go for very slight touch when dragging your stick on the polish to draw your design.
-don't hesitate to dip several fingers at once. Unless I want a particular design, I usually dip pinkie, ring finger and middle finger together, and then pointer and thumb. Thus, in four cups, the two hands are done.

And then you're good to go and have fun! So here are some pictures of my favourite watermarbles of the last months.

This was done with OPI Burlesques Teasy-Does-It, Show Must go on and Let Me Entertain you. I will do it again, because I truly loved it!!
China Glaze Below, Light as Air and Barry M Dusky Mauve (you don't see the other hand because I didn't clean my water enough and the colours got all blended together)



And this last one, one of my favourite ever, done with OPI The One that Got Away, OPI Fair Dinkum Pinkum, OPI Blackberry Chutney and OPI Let Me Entertain You.

C'est vendredi, vous savez ce que ça veut dire! Cette semaine, j'ai fait une bêtise, j'ai complètement oublié de préparer un nail art pour aujourd'hui et entre-temps j'ai fait quelque chose sur mes mains que je n'ai pas du tout envie d'enlever. Donc j'ai dû me rabattre sur des vieilles photos, encore plus pourries que d'habitude, pour vous parler de Colette, auteure du blog My Simple Little Pleasures. Elle est sans aucun doute la reine du watermarble, ses créations sont fantastiques. Et en plus, elle est adorable et accompagne toujours ses photos de tuto vidéos détaillés. Alors si vous voulez maîtriser cette technique, il faut absolument visiter son blog. Voilà les trucs que je lui ai piqués et vu que maintenant je ne rate quasiment jamais mes marbles, ils doivent marcher!!
-prendre une petite tasse: la "cible" sera plus dense et les lignes plus rapprochées, sans pour cela devoir vider votre flacon de vernis. Pour ma part, je prends des tasses à café en plastique, c'est parfait.
-utiliser de l'eau déminéralisée à température ambiante. Je ne sais pas si j'aurais pris la peine d'en acheter si je n'en avais pas eu sous la main, mais comme j'en ai toujours chez moi, j'ai pris le pli et ça a vraiment fait une différence.
-ancrer la cible sur les côtés de la tasse avant de commencer le dessin pour éviter qu'elle ne bouge.
-effleurer la surface avec le pic en bois sans trop appuyer. 
-ne pas hésiter à tremper plusieurs doigts à la fois. A moins que je veuille un dessin particulier (genre une fleur sur chaque ongle), je fais en général l'auriculaire, l'annulaire et le majeur en même temps, et ensuite l'index et le pouce. Ainsi, en quatre fois, c'est réglé.
Voilà, maintenant vous pouvez vous amuser! Et voici quelques photos de mes marble favoris.


OPI Burlesques Teasy-Does-It, Show Must go on and Let Me Entertain you.

China Glaze Below, Light as Air et Barry M Dusky Mauve





OPI The One that Got Away, OPI Fair Dinkum Pinkum, OPI Blackberry Chutney et OPI Let Me Entertain You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...