Monday, September 26, 2011

Busy Sunday - Chanel Velvet comparison

I didn't see the week-end pass by, that's why I'm late both for my own post and for Minnie's section. I'll work on that today, I swear. On Saturday afternoon, I went in town, and decided to test one of the it-product of this fall, Chanel top-coat Velvet, and to compare it with the mattifying top-coat I have, China Glaze Matte Magic. I applied it on my OPI Play the Peonies, and while it was a 'spur-of-the-moment' idea, it turned out to be the perfect testing base, because it's a shimmery polish. 
I do like matte polishes, but not "pure mattes", as in "cremes with a matte finish", they look like paint. But when you have a shimmery polish with a matte finish, I find the end result really beautiful. And that's why I really don't like Chanel Velvet: as you will see below, it completely erased the shimmer in Play the Peonies and turned it into pale pink paint. On the pics below, I have Chanel Velvet on the left (my middle finger) and China Glaze Matte Magic on the right (my ring finger).





Of course I never had any intentions of buying Chanel Velvet, there are enough mattifying tc out there that are way cheaper than 20 or so euros (the most well-known beside CG Matte Magic is Essie's Matte About You), but besides that, I'm very disappointed in that product, because it doesn't allow any versatility: no matter what polish you apply it on, be it a creme or a shimmer, the result will always be the same. I'll stick to my matte magic and see if I try Essie's when that one is finished!!

As a conclusion to this post, I can't resist showing you what kept me busy on Sunday: cooking!! I tried a new recipe for cupcakes, and most especially for the topping: instead of the usual butter and sugar, I tried with mascarpone, and I have to say it's way more manageable, and it makes the colors pop out a lot more!! So here's my neon yellow cupcake :)


Je n'ai pas vu passer le week-end, ce qui explique qu'il n'y ait pas eu de post hier, ni pour moi ni pour Minnie, mais j'y travaille, promis!!
Samedi je suis allée en ville et j'en ai profité pour tester un des produits phare de la rentrée, le top-coat matifiant Chanel Velvet, et le comparer avec mon China Glaze Matte Magic. J'avais comme base le OPI Play the Peonies, et même si je n'avais pas prévu de faire cette comparaison, ce vernis s'est avéré parfait, car c'est un shimmer.
J'aime les vernis mats, mais pas tous: je trouve que les vernis crèmes avec un fini mat, ça fait peinture. Mais un vernis irisé ou nacré avec un fini mat, c'est très beau et ça change. Et c'est bien pour ça que je n'ai pas du tout aimé le Chanel Velvet: comme vous pourrez le voir sur les photos ci-dessous, il efface complètement l'effet du vernis pour le transformer en peinture rose pâle. Sur les photos, je porte Chanel Velvet sur la gauche (le majeur) et China Glaze Matte Magic sur la droite (l'annulaire).





Evidemment, je n'ai jamais eu l'intention d'acheter le Chanel Velvet, il a suffisamment de top-coats matifiants qui ne comptent pas 20 euros (le premier qui vient à l'esprit avec le CG Matte Magic est le Matte About You d'Essie), mais au-delà de ça, je suis déçue de ce produit, il ne permet aucune flexibilité: quel que soit le vernis de base, le résultat sera toujours le même. Je garde mon China Glaze et je verrai si j'essaie le Essie quand il sera fini!!

En guise de conclusion, je veux vous montrer ce qui m'a occupée une bonne partie de mon dimanche: la cuisine!! J'ai essayé une nouvelle recette pour les cupcakes, et notamment pour le glaçage: à la place de l'habituel beurre et sucre, j'ai tenté le mascarpone (avec du sucre aussi bien sûr), et je dois admettre que c'est beaucoup plus facile à gérer, et cela fait ressortir la coloration du glaçage de façon démente! Voici donc mon cupcake jaune fluo :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...