Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Wyrd Wednesday - Olen väsynyt


I'm not sure I would bear lying on a heater, but other than that, I really wish I was a cat today. You might have noticed that my posts were getting a bit irregular, that I was skipping some sections now and then... I have to admit I have a hard time with the blog right now, my nails are almost all a different size and shape (and right when I was thinking "ok, I've reached a good length on some so I'm keeping it that way for a week so that they all get even, I broke one yesternight), the weather in my corner of the world is very unfriendly for photo shooting, but first and foremost, I'm back in insomnia land and I'm extremely tired. 


One of the as-yet-unexperienced consequences of that is that it's extremely hard for me to take pics: since light is scarce, I have to set my camera on very slow shutting (sorry if those are not the technical terms), so there's a heightened chance of blurriness and I've found out lately that in the morning, when light is at "least worst", tiredness makes my body tremble. Seriously, it sounds silly and I'm smiling and rolling my eyes writing it, but it's true! So whenever you see three pics in a message with one of them a bit blurry, they're all I could save from an average 150 pictures. And that's seriously depressing!! My draft folder is full of pics with nails at different lengths, or crappy pictures that I keep as a reminder that I have to reswatch the polishes, etc, etc. It gives me the impression that my blog is patchy, my swatches of very uneven (but always medium at best) quality, and most of all, incoherent. I hate incoherence!



I hope that my insomnia will not last, a big part of it was a consequence of the crazy life in the flat due to Minnie's "end of the thesis/preparation for the defence/new job rythm (including being on call duty for emergency transport at night)", but while it's still there, the very little reserves of energy I have left must be put into my work and that strange time-eater called "daily life".

This is without doubt my favourite pic of Minnie's kitty!!

So I can just promise you that I will do my utmost to sort everything out and try to get back to regular posting, sections and pretty pictures asap. I'm also very much in the mood for nail art, but I have no time! Until that blessed moment, you'll have to do with patchy posting and crappy pictures...
But in the meantime, you got to see funny and nice pics of the two furry devils that share Minnie's and my living space :) 


Je ne sais pas dans quelle mesure je supporterais de dormir sur un radiateur, mais à part ça, je donnerais cher pour prendre la vie de mon chat en ce moment. Vous avez peut-être remarqué que je postais de façon erratique dernièrement, en sautant des rubriques par exemple. J'ai beaucoup de mal avec le blog : mes ongles sont à des longueurs différentes (et quand je pensais être à une semaine de pouvoir tout rattrapper, j'en ai cassé un hier), la météo ici n'est vraiment pas la meilleure pour les photos, mais surtout, le principal problème, c'est que je suis à nouveau en pleine période d'insomnie et je suis épuisée.


Une conséquence de cette fatigue que je n'avais encore jamais expérimentée est que j'ai beaucoup de mal à prendre des photos: comme la lumière est rare, je dois régler mon appareil sur une vitesse d'obturation très lente, ce qui augmente le risque de photos floues, et je me suis rendue compte que le matin, là où la lumière est la moins mauvaise, je suis tellement fatiguée que mes mains tremblent pour prendre les photos. Je sais que ça peut paraître super bête dit comme ça, mais c'est l'horreur! Quand vous voyez trois photos pas franchement nettes sur le blog, ce sont les trois les plus sauvables sur des paquets de 150, et franchement, c'est super déprimant! Mon dossier de brouillons est rempli de photos avec des ongles à tous les stades de pousses, ou des photos ratées que je garde pour me souvenir que je dois refaire les swatchs, etc, etc. Ca me donne l'impression que mon blog est brouillon, que la qualité de mes photos (très moyenne au mieux, j'en ai conscience) est très inégale et que l'ensemble est complètement incohérent. Et je déteste l'incohérence!!


J'espère que mon insomnie va s'améliorer bientôt, elle est en grande partie dûe à la vie de dingue qu'il y a eu dans l'appart ces dernières semaines entre la fin de thèse, la préparation de la soutenance et le nouveau boulot de Minnie (qui inclut des astreintes téléphoniques de nuit à domicile pour le SMUR, pas génial pour dormir tranquillement), mais tant qu'elle est encore là, le peu d'énergie qu'il me reste doit passer dans mon boulot et cette chose pénible et répétitive qu'on appelle la vie quotidienne.

C'est ma photo préférée de la peluche de Minnie!

Je peux juste vous promettre que je vais tenter de remettre de l'ordre dans tout ça aussi vite que possible, en attendant, vous devrez vous contenter de posts irréguliers et de photos pas terribles...
Mais ça vous a aussi donné l'occasion de voir des photos marrantes des deux bestioles qui partagent notre espace vital :)

2 comments:

  1. Awwwww, what cute cats! My Aishila likes to lay on top of the radiator as well, but I always put a towel there, so she doesn't get to hot. I hope you'll feel better soon, I understand what you're going through... Hugs and kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, my old Bilbo doesn't seem to mind lying directly on the heater, but he's one weird hobbity-cat. Jeez, now that I think of it, we're celebrating our 9 years of living together today!!
    Thanks for your support dear, it does mean a lot :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...