Monday, February 6, 2012

When the invisible girl does invisible manicures...

Hi! Sorry for not posting over the week-end, we're still sharing one computer (I swear I do my utmost to get mine back this week), and Minnie was giving a conference this morning so she had to prepare.
I'm still giving a break to my nails, hoping for them to grow (they've more or less reached the same length, yeah!) and for my hands to get better, but it doesn't mean I have bare nails, and I've decided to show you my present regimen. 
One way to really treat your nails is to apply a treatment five days in a row, adding one layer on top of the previous one, but I hate having my nails completely bare, so I adopted a "fake natural look". Here's a step by step transformation. Be prepared to see my nails in all their naked non-glory:


This is right after I washed my hands: nothing on the nails, and dry skin and cuticles (would you believe that I spent the night with LUSH Lemony Flutter & Tiny Hands in gloves?).





After I applied my OPI Avoplex exfoliating cuticle treatment and pushed my cuticles back. Then one coat of NailTek Foundation II Ridge-Filler base coat, a great ridge-filler that also contains nailcare. This is what gives my nails a soft matte look. Now on to the real "fake manicure".



I then drew a French manicure with Essie Waltz, a translucent white, and topped it with a whitening polish from Sephora (whitening polishes are clear blue/violet polishes that create a visual effect erasing the yellow tint nailtips can have).
Finally, one coat of Essie Nourish Me treatment, and I'll be adding one coat regularly over five days, before doing it all over again.




This is the final look with cream and cuticle oil (and you can see, my skin still looks pretty dismal) and an extra-piece of lint on my middle finger :p. If I wanted a more natural look, I could add one coat of mattifying top-coat, but the whole point is to make my nails look ok while I treat them, so I'll have to do with the shiny look!
Remember: if you know how to count, you'll see the 200th message is coming fast, that means contest and that means you have to comment before that if you want the extra points!!


Bonjour! Désolée pour mon absence du week-end, on doit toujours partager un ordinateur (j'espère récupérer le mien cette semaine), et Minnie avait une conférence ce matin qu'elle devait préparer.
Je suis toujours en pause de vernis à attendre que mes ongles poussent (ils sont tous presque à la même longueur, yeah!) et que mes mains soient en meilleure santé, mais cela ne veut pas dire que mes ongles restent nus et je vais vous montrer la cure du moment.
Les traitements pour ongles marchent au mieux quand ils sont appliqués plusieurs jours d'affilée, une couche par-dessus l'autre, mais je n'aime pas trop la tête de mes ongles au naturel, donc j'ai opté pour un "faux naturel". Voici le processus étape par étape, préparez-vous donc à voir mes ongles dans leur horrible nudité:


Là, c'est quand je viens de me laver les mains: rien sur les ongles, rien sur les mains et des cuticules affreusement sèches (j'ai passé la nuit avec Doigts de Fée et Oooh les Mains de LUSH et des gants).






J'ai ensuite appliqué mon émollient OPI Avoplex exfoliating cuticle treatment et repoussé mes cuticules, puis mis une couche de NailTek Foundation II Ridge-Filler, une super basse lissante bourrée de soins. C'est ce qui donne le côté mat à mes ongles sur les photos. Et maintenant, on passe à la vraie fausse manucure.



D'abord une French avec Essie Waltz, un blanc transparent, et un vernis déjaunissant de chez Sephora (c'est un vernis clair teinté de bleu qui fait un effet d'optique pour rendre l'ongle plus blanc). 
On finit avec le soin, Essie Nourish Me et j'ajouterai une couche tous les jours pendants quatre ou cinq jours avant de tout enlever pour tout recommencer!




Et voilà à quoi ça ressemble au final, une fois la crème et l'huile à cuticules appliquées (et vous voyez que ma peau n'est vraiment pas en bon état même avec ça) et une peluche en cadeau sur mon majeur. Si je voulais un look plus naturel, je mettrai une couche de top-coat mattifiant, mais là le but c'est vraiment d'avoir des mains soignées pendant que je les soigne donc ils restent brillants!
Rappel: si vous savez compter, vous pouvez voir le 200ème post arriver à grand pas, ça veut dire concours, et ça veut dire qu'il faut commenter avant cette limite si vous voulez les points bonus :)

6 comments:

  1. Hm ... I have Lemony Flutter too, I think I might have to go and find that again :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you do! Lemony Flutter is THE magical product for cuticles and nails, it's a crime to have it and not use it!! ;)

      Delete
    2. I hope you can forgive me xD

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Alright, I shall! My nails need it anyway, they are so weak and broken at the moment and I really don't know why. They grow super slow too. I must have done something bad to them without knowing.

      Delete
  3. Nah, nails grow slowly in the winter and way quicker in summer. But if you take the good habit of moisturizing cuticles and hands and putting gloves on before going to sleep, it does wonder quite quickly :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...